Sunday, May 15, 2011

Game Review: "Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets"

"Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets"


DATE & TIME FINISHED PLAYING:
05-15-11, 12:40 AM-ish (GMT/UTC +8:00)


-The title really caught my attention. It's the Salem thing,and not the mysteries stuff though. I did not really know alot about this. It's just that I know that "Salem" is the name of a black cat (can't remember from what tv show; I read it from a comic book ad). Also, I heard that there have been the so-called Salem Witch Trials. As far as what I've heard, those were the times when there were a bunch of women who were tried and burned(?) at stake because they were accused of practicing witchcraft.

Although this game is magic-related -- and by magic, i mean like spells, witchcraft, potions, elixirs etc -- I don't think that it's really connected with the Witch Trials. [SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] There is only one witch(?) in the game.

Also, I sort of find the ending lacking. Yes, lacking, and not hanging. I expected something more like more fights with the witch and all.

Anyway, it's a good game to pass the time. It felt good when the character you are playing is not gender-specified. In here, you play as Constable Hawthorne. Well, I don't know if it's a guy but I think it'd better be. I enjoyed searching for the four girls (said to be bewitched) and roaming around the place called Salem. Perhaps, that's how the title got into it.


MY RATING: 8.5 of 10 stars

2 investigated:

IAMJOROSS said...

Have you tried playing TORCHLIGHT? If not, I think you should :)

Xtian said...

@IAMJOROSS:Nope. I don't usually play games like the one you mentioned; they take so much space in the memory. The game above is different from the one you mentioned, just some sort of a two-hour or less game.

But, perhaps one day I'll try Torchlight. I heard that it's a great game.

Post a Comment

Please comment now or else...(nah..nothing's really gonna happen)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...