Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Game Review: "Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium (Collector's Edition)"

"Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium (Collector's Edition)"



DATE & TIME FINISHED PLAYING:
05-16-11, 11:20 PM-ish;
with the bonus game,  05-17-11, 12:10 AM-ish
(GMT/UTC +8:00)

-AMAZINGLY DISTURBING!!! That perhaps is the best that I can describe with this game. Amazing in the sense that it really left me satisfied and disturbing because of you know -- see screenshot and title.

[SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

It was great aside from the fact that you have to play as a female even if you're a guy. I hope games in this generation will not be that so particular or sort of "biased" like by applying "select Gander" in the Profiles which in turn would then change your character in the game or whatever.

In here, you play as the wife of a missing guy named Tim. Your main goal is to find him (which you are not likely to accomplish at all. haha). Your husband (oh shit!)   disappears after he sets himself to investigate the Green Hills Sanitarium (Mental Hospital ba).

The Sanitarium is strange for one; seems abandoned, rugged, and eerie. Most of the doors are locked and or cn only be opened by solving a puzzle (as almost puzzle games are, duh?!) and the keys or the solutions are scattered in the game universe. There are quite a number of hidden places and tunnels (the screenshot is one) and the patients' room are bewitched/enchanted/cursed/magical/whatever.

Anyway, it was fun. There are about 14 characters including yourself (If I were you, I'd start counting them by the time you get to play this) only that I expected the characters to speak with voice (like it was "dubbed"). I expected a twist but not quite the same with the one I expected. It's better to get the Collector's Edition because there sure is a Bonus game which I'm not sure if there's one if not the CE. There is also one place in the game which I saw but soon forgot and that place can only be unlocked with the bonus game.

I also made a guess that the character I'm playing is just a lunatic and that the whole thing is but a product of hallucinations, but my guess turned out to be not right (just sort of, haha).

[END OF SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Hope you enjoy this game. The ending is a cliff-hanger though which incurs some alternate endings in one's mind.

MY RATING: 9 of 10 stars

0 investigated:

Post a Comment

Please comment now or else...(nah..nothing's really gonna happen)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...