Sunday, March 20, 2011

"The Sorcerer's Apprentice" [2010]

"The Sorcerer's Apprentice"
[2010]

Image from here
DATE & TIME FINISHED WATCHING:
03-20-11; time range between 2:55 AM - 3:00 AM (UTC/GMT + 8:00)

-I know that this is a not a new movie but hey I don't really go to movies and it is just recently that I had time to watch this in my very own home theater. haha. I actually watched this film already but not fully, just some kind of skim-and-scan.

I really thought that this film is an adaptation of a book so i was very eager to watch it because I'm really into film adaptations of books. To my dismay, it is not based on a book but actually/partly on a poem by Goethe.

Anyway, I still watched it because many said that it's worth the time. And it sure is worth the time. Good to see Nicholas Cage in silver screen again and his skills did not falter through time. With Jay Baruchel, I like his punchlines especially his "bad lies." haha. Just some kind of cool because I just saw Baruchel in the "Million Dollar Baby" film where he played as a boxer who has more enthusiasm than skills.

Also, it was just so timing that I just heard the song "Secrets" by One Republic in PGT Season 2. While listening to the "Skeights" band playing it I was very sure that I heard that song yet couldn't identify where. When I watched this film again (after the skim-and-scan), I realized that it was here that I heard it.

I hope there would be a sequel. After all, we never saw Horvath die right? If you really finished the film, you'd know what I mean. His hat is on a display on some kind table and then a hand grabs to reach it just as the screen fades out.

RATING: 10 of 10 stars!

0 investigated:

Post a Comment

Please comment now or else...(nah..nothing's really gonna happen)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...