Saturday, February 12, 2011

From the Shelf: "Five Little Pigs" (also "Murder In Retrospect") by Agatha Christie




"Five Little Pigs" (also "Murder In Retrospect")
by Agatha Christie

"Beautiful Caroline Crale was convicted of poisoning her husband, yet there were five other suspects: Philip Blake (the stockbroker) who went to market; Meredith Blake (the amateur herbalist) who stayed at home; Elsa Greer (the three-time divorcee) who had roast beef; Cecilia Williams (the devoted governess) who had none; and Angela Warren (the disfigured sister) who cried 'wee wee wee' all the way home. It is sixteen years later, but Hercule Poirot just can't get that nursery rhyme out of his mind!"
-from  Agatha Christie's site's description about this book



DATE & TIME FINISHED READING: 
-11-11; time range between 3:30-3:50 PM (UTC +8.00)

-To be honest, I do not really have an idea of who the real murderer is not until the great detective Poriot told me so. I want to spoil now because what I shall tel won't really have no bearing at all. I did not really have any idea of how one of the persons could have killed Amyas. It's just that I really thought that Amyas there is secret behind his last painting. I really thought that there is some code behind the colors. I was quite wrong and quite right. That is the only thing I can spoil.

Also, the title of the book that I borrowed from the lib was really "Murder in Retrospect" but I found it's alternate title cute. In the course of my reading time, I found the original title (five little pigs) quite strange. That is because I did not know what the nursery rhyme is. It is said that the 5 little pigs in this story are the 5 suspects. But oh well, the nursery rhyme won't be of much help but here's the most common version of that rhyme anyway:

   This little piggy went to market.
    This little piggy stayed at home.
    This little piggy had roast beef,
    This little piggy had none.
    And this little piggy went "Wee! Wee! Wee!" all the way home.

MY RATING: 8 of 10 stars!

0 investigated:

Post a Comment

Please comment now or else...(nah..nothing's really gonna happen)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...