Sunday, January 23, 2011

From the Shelf: "The Hollow" (also "Murder After Hours") by Agatha Christie


"The Hollow" (also "Murder After Hours")
by Agatha Christie


"Lady Angkatell, intrigued by the criminal mind, has invited Hercule Poirot to her estate for a weekend house party. The Belgian detective's arrival at the Hollow is met with an elaborate tableau staged for his amusement: a doctor lies in a puddle of red paint, his timid wife stands over his body with a gun while the other guests look suitably shocked. But this is no charade. The paint is blood and the corpse real!"
-from Agatha Christie's site



DATE & TIME FINISHED READING:
01-23-11; time range between 5:40-5:55 PM (UTC +8.00)

-It indeed took me a long time to finish this book. It wasn't thick though. I just did not find it so interesting. The fact is, the point of interest here lies not in the beginning pages. It would take you about two-thirds of the book to get you interested about it. But if you finish it, you'd soon realize the importance of the seems-not-important long chapters before the death.

Anyway, i scored this a 9 though because some of my theories were right. It almost stumped upon reaching the last chapters because I did not have the slightest idea, even a lame one, of who the real murderer is. But I was right after all that the people, most of them, knew who the murderer/murderess is and they just played one good deal of playing with the police--for the evidences to point to nothingness.

Also, I was quite right about the dead's last words--that it is something so urgent, something he wants to tell to a person and that, concerns not of his killer.

MY RATING: 9.5 of 10 stars!

3 investigated:

DENASE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DENASE said...

First time here dude. I'm figuring out if you can also share your thoughts with me, if you are willing enough.

I haven't read yet the book but it looks like to be interesting. Maybe I would read the book one of these days.

happy week end folk

follow my blog here:
http://arandomshit.blogspot.com/

kris‧tian said...

Welcome to my site Denase.

That, we shall discover. hehe

The first pages were not really interesting but as a whole, yes it is.

I already followed your blog. :)

Post a Comment

Please comment now or else...(nah..nothing's really gonna happen)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...