Wednesday, January 5, 2011

From the Shelf: "And Then There Were None" (also "Ten Little N*gg*rs"; also "Ten Little Indians") by Agatha Christie




"And Then There Were None" (also "Ten Little N*gg*rs"; also "Ten Little Indians")
by Agatha Christie

"The World’s Best-selling Mystery!

Ten strangers are lured to an island mansion by the mysterious U.N.Owen.  Over dinner a record begins to play.  An unknown voice accuses each guest of harbouring a guilty secret.  That evening Tony Marston is murdered by a deadly dose of cyanide.  The survivors soon realise that the killer is amongst them and preparing to strike, again and again, until there were none…
"
-http://www.agathachristie.com/shop/products/236/



DATE & TIME FINISHED READING: 01-05-11!!; time range between 6-6:11 AM (UTC +8.00)

-Yeah. I finished it just this morning. Somewhat queer and too early I think. But hey, the only thing that I read this morning so that I could finish reading this, is just the epilogue. I am supposed to finish it yesternight but because "the wind had been so cold and the night had been so old (melodramatic much?)" so I stopped. My mind gets easily filled with imaginations so I decided that I should not permit this book to haunt me even in my sleep!

And oh one more thing. My thrill was so spoiled tungod sa bwiset nga nagsulat ug "He is the killer" tapad sa name sa usa sa characters. Sh*tness! Pero at least nalessen akong trabaho. The thing and a very thing that I did nalang is to guess who the next victim will be which I think is much harder to do than guessing who the murderer is.

Ok nalang at least I was able to guess the 2nd, 4th and 6th victim(s) of the 10 murders. The figures in the cover pic BTW are the ten China Indian figures found in the story. As the number of the main characters are being diminished one by one, so are the number of the China figures too! Lunatic! That's one of what I can say about the murderer. One who has lost his/her sanity. Sorry for the spoiler.

MY RATING: 10 of 10 stars!

0 investigated:

Post a Comment

Please comment now or else...(nah..nothing's really gonna happen)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...