Friday, December 3, 2010

From the Shelf: "The Mysterious Affair at Styles" by Agatha Christie




"The Mysterious Affair at Styles"
by Agatha Christie


A cover of "The Mysterious Affair at Styles" by Agatha Christie

Date and time finished reading:
12-03-10; approx 6:20 PM (UTC +8.00)

-Another borrowed from the SU Lib. In reality I have no plans to borrow another book because I wanted to read the Christie's books from beginning to end. By that, I meant of reading the books by order of publication date. But then, to my surprise, I found that the lib has possession of the first book which is actually this one.

Certainly, Christie is a genius and has her every right to be called one. Now I know why she had been so known. Also, of her detective characters, Hercule Poirot is nonetheless a genius too and perhaps mad as a hatter. But still, I like his character and could somehow relate to him and of course if it happened in my case, I could've done the same -- hiding the truth so as the culprit may have no chance to escape while evidences are still lacking.

In fact, like the other detective [which I could relate again for I, like him, is a fool too], Arthur Hastings was surprised of who the murderer was -- or should I say culprits. Christie sure is knowledgeable of chemistry and somehow I understood the business in here. Thanks to Chem 11! Also, I was overwhelmed that the author somehow put an element of love story in here which until the end I have never thought of as possible.

That is all of which I could say. And that ends the spoiler. :D

0 investigated:

Post a Comment

Please comment now or else...(nah..nothing's really gonna happen)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...