Sunday, November 28, 2010

From the Shelf: "By the Pricking of My Thumbs" by Agatha Christie


"By the Pricking of My Thumbs"
by Agatha Christie

The cover of "By the Pricking of My Thumbs" by Agatha Christie


Date and time finished reading!!!!:
11-28-10; 1:11 AM (UTC +8.00)

-Borrowed from the SU Library again..something to read while on a some-kind-one-week vacation because of the Intramurals again..

I knew this Christie author already like four years ago. Back then I do not actually know that she is one great author and I resent the fact that I have not known. Anyway, the main reason I searched for her books is so to have more ideas of how mystery story writers write. Just like Perry, Christie uses (I think) a Victorian setting (or probably later than that).

What I really like in this book is that it had a good twist and by good twist, I meant of a twist that I thought and is somewhat similar to my assumption of  possible twist. What I don't like? Not really, just the fact that I read this book first instead of reading the earlier books of Christie. That should have given me a better perception of the characters.

BTW, the picture above is not the same picture on the cover of the book I just borrowed. You bet it was plain black except for the Call #. If that really was the picture or they retained the picture of the book, that alone should have lure a lot of readers. That doll is so freaky I decided this should be what I'd be uploading (among the other editions' covers).

And BTW again, you can borrow this at the SU Library 2/F (haha..ambassador/promoter/advertiser najud kos SU Lib. :DD)

0 investigated:

Post a Comment

Please comment now or else...(nah..nothing's really gonna happen)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...